ex Silicon Valley software engineer and tech advisor
I'm a full-stack product engineer 👨🏿🔬 with a wide breadth of experience building software primarily on the web and mobile at scale for Silicon Valley level tech startups and Giants (ex-LinkedIn).
Throughout my career, I've built software cross-platform:
- from pre-launch to userbases in the 100 millions
- Across 12 unique technology stacks
- with venture-backed startup teams totaling $300+ MM raised from 2 person seed stage to 100s at Series D.
- also, with the 4000+ engineering team of LinkedIn pre(and post) MSFT acquisition.
Helping build a growing 7 figure business with Kubernetes ☸ (k8s) and crystal lang as a founding core maintainer of the open source https://github.com/cncf/cnf-testsuite/
tl:dr? our suite assesses that k8s apps built in the 1.74 trillion telecom 📞📱☎️📡 industry can scale for the CNCF whose members include Google and Amazon among other cloud giants https://www.cncf.io/about/members/
I dove deeply into web app dev and built code bases from scratch to 100,000s+ lines of code 💻 on
- Frontend (js, <insert flavor of the month framework >, etc.)
- Ruby / Rails or Node.js backends,
- with PostgreSQL in general as the data store.
About the biz
I taught myself to code in high school and earned a B.S. in Computer Science from Georgia Tech.
I spent my free time in college building this consulting biz I still operate today on the side. So I bring value from ideation to launch and beyond since I've worn many hats and empathize with other roles in a business. I've
- Sold, previously six figures of revenue only working part-time as an independent and now help close 7 figure deals with a team.
- built successful marketing campaigns for 300+ person social events in San Francisco
- Written blog posts with 10,000+ views
- advised startups on product and engineering strategy.
I'm continually learning new things also. A few projects:
- I built and polished apps that received press coverage from 7+ internationally recognized news outlets and were downloaded over 80,000 times in around 70+ countries
- an auto prioritizing todo list in Trello and a summarizer. using AWS lambda, the serverless framework, and the Trello api
- a hacker news comment notifier with node.js + hasura on k8s https://www.hacknotescenter.com/
In my spare time
I enjoy mentoring (mentees have gone on to have successful tech careers and even raise Venture Capital).
Finally, whether or not we work together. I'm always a person you can reach out to and brainstorm on challenging technical problems.